Grab your swimming gear, and your surfboard and let's go for a swim.
COUNT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 as you do the actions
1. Front Crawl - bring those arms right over, past your ear and up into the air, as though you are drawing the outline of a witches hat. Do x8 of these.
2. Back Crawl - Stretch your arms right past your ears. x8
3. Breast Stroke - hands together, stretch both arms out in front of you, turn your hands and woosh the water away. x4
4. Butterfly - both arms, out to the side and round to the front. x4
5. Hold you nose and go down under water.
Do the swimming moves 3 times to the music.
Then get on your surfboard and ride through the waves. Arms out to the side, moving your body backwards and forwards as you balance on the surf!
You can either stop at this point or carry on until you hear the music change and start the swimming again.
LISTEN to this CALYPSO.
PAT the pulse/beat as you listen.
This time add some shakers and a drum.
You could use a plastic pot as a drum, and some rice in jar/yoghurt pot for a shaker.
Use whatever you can find for instruments
SHAKE the shakers when you hear 'Shake a little, shake a little, shake a little shaker.'
DRUM. Play the drum on the word 'bang.'
Can you have a go at singing it now?
BODY PERCUSSION RHYTHMS
SAY & CLAP
Crab - Seaweed (seaweed should be twice as fast as crab)
Try these out. Don't forget to say the words at the same time.
PAT - Crab
CLAP - Seaweed
PAT - Crab
CHEST PAT - Seaweed
STAMP - Crab
PAT ARMS - Seaweed
FOLLOW the LEADER GAME
THE LEADER chooses which body percussion pattern to do.
The other person copies.
For the CHORUS - stop the pattern and do waves with your hands, side to side, or up and dow, however you like.
When you hear the NEW VERSE start with a different pattern
Take turns being the leader.